Milo

Cost per year for Cypres?

I'm curious.
What does the average yearly cost of a Cypres work out to be? After initial cost, batteries, 4 year inspections and the 12 year life-span.
I apologize, I could open Excel and go to the internet and figure this all out, but I imagine somebody has already done this.
How do the numbers really work out? What is a 4 year old cypress worth, an 8 year old?
I'm not asking anyone to go out and do the research I'm too lazy to do tonight, BUT, if somebody has already done the math and would like to share their numbers, I will appreciate it.
Milo

It shouldn't be difficult to figure out. It's not exact, but it's got to be close.
Cost per unit: ~$1000.00
Batteries: ~$600.00 (Replace every 2 years)
Service cost: ~$500.00? (2 4YR Services)
Total: $2100.00
I listed the per unit cost at $1000.00, retail is a bit higher, but there are always dealers offering these things for less than $1000.00, I think I chose a nice middle ground. I'm not sure what a 4 year service costs, I think it's around $250.00. Finally, I'm not sure if batteries are included in the 4 and 8 year maintenance, my numbers assume that batteries are an additional cost. If batteries are included in the 4 and 8 year services the total cost will be lower. There isn't a 12 year service, yet, so that doesn't factor into over all cost.
Anyhow - $2100.00 / 12 = $175.00 per year, assuming a 12 year life span.
-
Jim

Hey Rainman!
That was exactly what I was looking for.
http://www.poxon.org/Craig/Skydive/Tools/CypresValuer.asp
Takes the data alluded to from the parachutist magazine and converts it into information I can use.
Thanks for the link!
And thanks to Craig at http://www.poxon.org/Craig/Skydive/ for converting commonly available data into something that I can really use!
Milo