DBTECH

"New Improved Slider--Methods Revealed"

Well written article David! I think I now have a basic grasp of what 'slider rebound' is about.
When I first heard it, it conjured up a mental image of the slider on an open canopy travelling back up the lines towards the canopy... my bad!
:)Ramon :)

OK....that made some sense to me. The real question I have about the smaller P/C is, how much risk is involved of increased amounts of P/C in tow mals? Obviously this is a tough question with so many variables it may only be answered by stats after the fact. We might start with an "average force" to open a container. I know in my own container this can vary pretty wildly depending on how neatly I packed. The neater I pack, the tighter the pin. What's the difference in actual pull force created by the smaller P/C? Cause if the container doesn't open the rest is a moot point.
"The sky resembles a back lit canopy...with holes punched through it"- Incubus
Clay

Four canopies are currently being jumped with my slider, with good feedback on the openings.
Also: Wanted--Test jumpers in Arizona and southern California.
(also looking for someone with a Sabre 150 in AZ or south CA)
Dave Brownell
Mesa/Eloy AZ

That is a tough question because of your previously mentioned variables.
The slider rebound article I read makes good mechanical sense. I am impressed by dav's knowledge of the subject of openings.
My friend Derrick (he is in some sort of macho race to have the smallest, rig, reserve, main etc...but he is infact a good canopy pilot) trimmed his pilot chute to 19".
He jumps a VX 60 and he has no problems. He is a rigger and is probably able to make decisions like that about his gear.
good luck
ramon