indyz

Prescription Torsan goggles?

I'm still on student status, but I'm looking at my own set of goggles because the student ones are occasionaly smudged, and god knows how many people have worn them before me. Plus, they seem pretty cheap. Anyway, I wear glasses, and the glasses, helmet, kroops-style goggle combo can get pretty uncomfortable. I was wondering if anybody knows about any Torsan style goggles that you can have presciption lenses put in. Barring that, how safe would it be to wear my cheapie prescription sunglasses without the goggles over the top?
--
Brian

I have been wearing basketball glasses for the last 2,000. Most of those jumps were with students, so I have been smacked in the head more times than I care to remember. The basketball glasses only came off my face once, during a PFF evaluation dive. I flipped the "student" stable, and just as I was starting to figure out the next step, the elastic strap around the back of my head flipped my glasses back into place!
These basketball glasses are similar to racquet ball glasses, with thick clear plastic frames, just a bit bigger. The larger frames keep most of the wind out of my eyes.