allieram

Fullface Helmets

I'm considering getting a fullface helmet. I know about Oxygn, Z1, and Factory Diver. I just recently came across the styles by Arrow Dynamics: Apache, Arrowhead, and Renegade.
I haven't seen any reviews for these Arrow Dynamics. Does anyone have any comments on these?

check this link out: http://www.thinkhelmets.com/products.htm
Ha, I just checked the site again, and they now have a disclaimer that the helmet has been modified for bass fishing and not suitable for skydiving. Maybe the price has something to do with that.

I'm sorry if i'm a Bass fishing wuffo and end up insulting all you hard core bass fishermen out there, but ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
What was THAT about!!!! That BassAce looks EXACTLY like an Oxygen!!! and both that company and Skysystems are based in Denver... at the same address.. and the same phone number....
Now think about this: not that I can imagine a bass fiherman needing a full face helmet, but how funny would it be to see a bunch of'em using Oxygen's helmets modified for Bass fishing!!!
And now for the scary part: there are a bunch of Bass fishermen out ther, probably on www.hardcorebassfishing.com who are laughing their ass off thinking how stupid these skydivers must look with their BassAce helmets modified for skydiving!!!!

Not only Bass Fishing.... I've sold numerous Factory Divers to competition water skiers, and have heard about snow skiers and boarders wearing Sidewinders on the hill.
But I still don't get a helmet for fishing.... protection from flying bass? Oh, wait, I get it now - protection from other bass fishermen!!
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

I apprecieate the comments I've received so far.
I just called Sky Systems/Think Helmets to inquire into the Bass Ace. The visor on the Bass Ace does not latch like the Oxygn/A3. It is used by bass fisherman as they race across the water in their boats to reach their fishing spots. The visor will flip open on the Bass Ace in freefall - according to Think Helmets.
Is there a website for Arrow Dynamics? Where can I find out more about their helmets?

sure it doesn't (sarcasm), but it's the same exact helmet I bet. Me thinks skysystems has gotten caught a little bit. Besides, a factory diver doesn't latch, and you could probalby get the little latch thingys pretty cheap. $195 for an A3 bass/skydiving system.

It may be the same helmet, only way to tell is purchase both, which I can't afford. When talking with the sales rep., he told me that they would not sell the helmet to a skydiver since it isn't made for skydiving. He said that they can tell when they are talking to a bass fisherman or a skydiver.
He stated that other skydivers have called thinking that bass fishermen (fisher-people for the politically correct) are getting something over on the skydivers. He said that they are in the business for skydivers, not bass fishers.
There's "supposedly" a huge market in the bass fishing world for this type of thing, according to the original bass fisher that requested a full face helmet.

It's probably like the recent class action suit agains Johnson & Johnson for the Acuvue contact lenses. They had 2 different kinds, extended wear and daily use. The extended wear cost much more because they supposedly lasted longer, the daily use were cheaper, but the directions said you had to replace them daily so you ended up spending more anyway because you needed more. Turns out that the lenses were EXACTLY THE SAME. They just packaged them differently. So you could have bought the daily wear lenses at a cheaper price per lens and just wear them for longer. What a scam.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

Anybody have any first-hand input on the Havoks. Ok, besides looks that is, they ARE quite ugly, but I'm not going for sexy on my fullface [toungue].
I just want a fullface helmet that will provide a good field of view, withstand and absorb reasonable impact, not open its visor in freefall (not even with less than perfect stability, ahem) and that will not come apart after 30 jumps (do Z1s really shed their lining with time?). Not fogging in winter and securely housing a Pro-Dytter are both a plus.
Any suggestions?
Marcelo el Newbie ready to say goodbye to his savings.
Still shedding whuffo-ness
Check out the Hardcore Whuffo pages