jhus

Centaurus

A friend of mine has an original Centaurus with only 200 jumps on it. (160 nine cell main & a 20 foot round reserve. (Not TSO'd for a square reserve) This rig is in ultra mint condition, and is for sale.
(earth tone colors) (The rig was custom built for him--He's 5' 9" and 140 lbs.) (SF bay area)
The Centaurus was originally built by Troy Lenoy in Colorado. He sold out to North American Aerodynamics maybe around 86-not sure. You can tell by the riser covers--original rigs did not have full riser covers, while the newer rigs had full riser covers.
The original Centaurus was a great rig--I don't have much input on the late model Centaurus, but I would think that John Higgins would uphold the quality of the original rig. Also, the newer rig would be TSO'd for a square reserve.
Just my .02c worth
Dave Brownell
Mesa, AZ
Edited by DBTECH on 7/25/01 00:20 AM.

jhus,
You have to be specific about which year this Centaurus was built.
The design has been through so many re-designs since Troy Loney sold it to North American Aerodynamics that current production has no parts common with earlier Centauri.