skymama

New post markers are disappearing

I try to be a good Mod and read all the new posts, but the forums are working against me sometimes. I'll go to a new forum, start clicking through the orange threads and after just a few clicks the whole page will clear. When that happens, I don't know how much I still have yet to read. It's getting a little frustrating because it is making me miss things I need to delete.

Is this happening to anyone else?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What browser are you using?

The new thread/old thread stuff is controled by your cookies. Log off of DZ.com, delete your cookies, log back in and try again. If you're still having problems, run your anti-spyware software since you may have something that is causing your browser to log cookies incorrectly.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I use IE, but the weird thing is that it's not consistant in when the page clears. I know I'm not hitting a wrong button or anything either. I'll try the suggestions you made though.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Is this happening to anyone else?

I had the opposite thing happen earlier today. I was all caught up on the Announcements forum, but when I logged in, it said all 108 posts were new. I went in that forum and sure enough, everything was listed as new. I went back to the index and reloaded and the "108 new" indicators went away, just like normal. None of the new post markers in the other forums I read seem to have been affected.

As has been suggested, you might try logging out, closing your browser, clearing all your cookies, and trying again. This may not help, but: you might also make sure the clock on your computer is accurate (both time and date) and set for the right time zone.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.