sundevil777

Classified categories - no category

I see many duplicate classified ads. Apparently people have some trouble while placing ads, maybe thinking they've not actually completed the process and then doing it again. Many of the duplicates have one of the copies where there is no "section" such as mains/reserves/complete systems/etc. They just get listed as under "classifieds", at least when you look at them by viewing all the new ads.

It would be nice to know how that happens, maybe some of the duplicates could be eliminated. I don't know how you'd get an ad in without choosing a "section", as it appears to be a necessary part of the process.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

This has been going on for years. And for years I have been cleaning up the ads. I have brough this issue up a number of times, but unfortunately it was never attended.

When the ads are parentless, I cannot delete them from the Editor interface.

The posting of duplicate ads without a category happens when the user has oversize pics, and gets errored out due to size, but still hits Post. Implementing a simple check to make sure the Category variable is not NULL AND is passed onto the posting process should solve this... or so I think.