shattenjager

To create a section divided by geographical area and/or DZ to organize meetups, carpools, etc

I think it would be a good idea to create a new section by geographical location so we can organize groups of skydivers, tandem, etc and carpool, since usually, at least here in California, all the DZ's are far from main cities.
I'm new to the sport and I felt that meet people with same passion even outside the DZ it would be a good way to make friends and share experiences.

What do you think?
The mind is like a parachute: If you don't open it, it doesn't work.

I think it would be a good idea to create a new section by geographical location so we can organize groups of skydivers, tandem, etc and carpool, since usually, at least here in California, all the DZ's are far from main cities.
I'm new to the sport and I felt that meet people with same passion even outside the DZ it would be a good way to make friends and share experiences.

What do you think?

That would probably be a lot of work to include a number of geographical areas, but having an additional forum called "Meetups" to include only posts about meeting others for transportation (or social activities even) might be useful.

Of course, for every forum, there must be a moderator, and the moderators already work pretty hard.

having an additional forum called "Meetups" to include only posts about meeting others for transportation (or social activities even) might be useful.

A problem with that idea might be that only those looking for rides, etc., would visit that forum, and no one else would bother with it. Therefore, the people they need to meet for their ride, etc., would not know about their need.

By having those posts mixed in elsewhere, they get the audience they need to satisfy their request.