lilchief

Split Gear and Rigging forum?

Could it be possible to do that?

The reason is that it would be easier to look through rigging related info amidst all the gear specific questions, that unfortunately are coming up again and again since there's always new people to the sport. I find it hard to find rigging info faster since there are a lot of "newbies" threads pushing down rigging threads. Riggingthreads don't have that many posts since theyære more spesific. But the classic "newbie" threads are subject for opinions in a greater manner then rigging. Therefore they are more active and filling up the list.

The idea of keeping them together is good since non riggers may catch up on more equipment, and therefore could learn more about their own gear. But how it's used is something else.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I really agree we should separate these into 2 separate threads. The gear section is great for people wanting to who what gear to buy, but as a rigger I would really appreciate a thread that is fully dedicated to rigging techniques, manuals, tutorials.

Riggers in the US are spread out thinly across many states, currently there is not much communication happening and it is often difficult to meet in person.

We need a section in this forum, separate from all the people asking nagging questions about gear.

the PIA forum is ok but it has its own problems,

the point it to make dropzone.com better,

why would you want to force riggers to go to a different website,

riggers play a preaty important role in skydiving, I dont think its asking to much to give them an area to talk on this website.

the PIA forum is ok but it has its own problems,

the point it to make dropzone.com better,

why would you want to force riggers to go to a different website,

riggers play a preaty important role in skydiving, I dont think its asking to much to give them an area to talk on this website.

Perhaps having a segregated area for riggers would be better for riggers. Would it be better for our community to have those with information segregated from those seeking information?

Does the presence of threads that may not be of a personal interest in the Gear and Rigging forum, prevent riggers from talking about things of personal interest in the same forum?

I value the contribution riggers make to our sport and the dz.com forums. I don't want to force them to go to a different website, I was only offering an alternative. I would like to keep riggers contributing to an inclusive Gear and Rigging forum here on dz.com.

Just my thoughts...
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy