BIGUN

Curiousity about underlines

So I'm just kinda curious.

1. Why are the subject threads underlined - don't we already know it's a hyperlink?

2. Why do all the tab choices at the top have mouseover underlines except Home, Dropzones and email?

Things that make you go hmmmmm. :)
I spend WAY too much time on this site.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

2. Why do all the tab choices at the top have mouseover underlines except Home, Dropzones and email?

Can't answer the first Q, but I get mouseover underlines on ALL tabs; running InnernetExploder 6.latest and XP SP2 w/all updates.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Interesting. I'm on 7 and while in this forum, Homae and email changee colors, but dropzones go back to a mouseover underline. It's Bill Clinton's fault. :)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

1. Why are the subject threads underlined - don't we already know it's a hyperlink?

Probably a default in the software (Gossamer Forum) that hasn't been changed. One guess is that it might default to underlines because otherwise you get questions from users as to why they can't access any threads - if they don't see the underlines they might not just try clicking on the thread titles.

I started to work on the matrix of active tab vs. what happens when you mouse over the inactive tabs and I think I've figured it out. If it's a tab you've visited before, the text gets darker but is not underlined when you mouse over. If it's a tab you haven't visited before, the text gets very slightly lighter and is underlined when you mouse over.

This appears to be deliberate; part of the CSS for the forum page includes

a.menu:link,a.menu:visited { font-size:11; color:#330066; text-decoration:none; font-face:'Verdana,Helvetica,Arial'; font-weight:400; }

a.menu:hover { font-size:11; color:#800080; text-decoration:underline; font-face:'Verdana,Helvetica,Arial'; font-weight:400; }

I spend WAY too much time on this site.

Hey, you're in Oklahoma; it's not like there's anything else to do. :) (Actually, I think I recall you saying that you were moving to Mississippi or Louisana or somewhere like that.)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Dual residency: Oklahoma/Florida

AHa!!! So when I clean out my cache, the visited mouseover change color function goes back to underlines.

Made ya look! :D