Katherine

separate section for "i passed aff lev 1" etc

How about a separate section for threads like:
“I passed lev 4 at the weekend”
“lev 5 and 6 next”
“really nervouse about my fist jump” etc

They aren’t really general skydiving, more achievements and student experiences, and at the moment it seems like it is nearly the only thing going into general skydiving.

Kath x
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

I agree with JohnRich; let 'em brag. (Of course, I don't have my A yet, so I _would_ say that. Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.)

By the time they get to the later stages of training or get close to their A-license, many of them have already discovered that bragging to whuffos only gets you a bunch of "can you breathe?"/"birdshit and idiots" type replies, so IMHO it's nice to have jumpers to brag to.

As far as it being the only thing in General right now... this too shall pass. Give it about two weeks and half the new threads in General will be about taking your rig on a commercial airline flight over the holidays. Then a short round of "here's the new rig I got/bought for Christmas/ Yule/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ whatever", followed by gritching about it being too cold to jump for a couple of months. Then lots of posts about getting current again, and more n00bs asking how to get started. It's all part of the natural ebb and flow. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Let 'em be proud and brag. They're easy enough to skip over in the index if you're not interested.

I agree, we've all been there. Good on em.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca