Cornholio

Chat link on front page ?

Hey HH, can you put a link to the chat on the front page ? I feel that we would get a lot more people talking in there if it was put out there when people first get to the site and see it on the front page.

I bet that over 70% of the people that come to dz.com don't even realize that there is a chat feature where they can talk to skydivers and ask questions or just hangout and chat with others.

I just had one guy spend 30 minutes looking over dz.com for the chat link. He's not a regular user of dz.com (actually the network admin for irc.xircn.net), but wanted to see if the jirc applet had been updated yet (which it had - thanks btw!)

Can you put a text link or maybe a smaller graphic like the one in the pub on the front page ? It would be cool to get a lot more traffic in there. And maybe cut down on a little bandwidth usage for you too, if we can move some of that energy from the bonfire into live chat.

Thanks!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Corn,

I'm not going to promote a chat room on the DZ.com home-page at this stage. A chat room is not a priority to me on DZ.com (which is why I have not tried to set something up myself). The facility is there for those who wish to chat. There's a long discussion on the other side of this about critical mass, what makes forums and chat rooms succeed and what not, what the character and brand of Dropzone.com is and how I maintain it etc etc.

I'd like to keep it as it is and officially only promote a "Happy Hour" on Wednesdays. B|
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Ok, I thought you might say something like that. ;)

Well, if you do think about it more and find the need to do something like that, you can count on me to support it. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Cya!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump