cyberskydive

Containers

I have heard lots of things.........would like some more feedback peas
mirage- feels like wearing a door, or they absolutely dig it
vector 3 - its all good
javelin - Most swear by it, some dont like the main pin cover flap (facing downwards)
eclipse- Folks seem to be straying away from em
I plan on flying every way I can manage :) and a whole hell of alot more than I have in the past.
speak your mind
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

Ok…… I put 1,300 jumps on a Mirage in less than 4 years, 500+ of those are freefly. The rig looks brand new. Never washed it and never landed in the water with it. I’ve had two reserve rides in it. The fit is great and very comfortable. (No, I am not sponsored by Mirage). Friends of mine are sponsored by Voodoo and they have been very pleased with their rigs. Hope that helps
fruce
http://www.fruce.com

Vector 3, Javelin/Javelin Odyssey or Voodoo if ya got the cash. Infinity if you don't want to spend quite as much.
The Infinity is probably going to be my next container.
Any container can feel "like wearing a door" if the canopies that are packed into are too big or the canopy fabric is not properly distributed in the bag. A rigger friend of mine got a Vector 3, packed it up, put it on and absolutely hated it. She called RWS, they told her how to distribute the fabric, she repacked it and fell in love with her new container.
pull and flare,
lisa

You don't say if you're talking about a brand new rig, but a pre-98 Javelin is much worse than the new ones for the security of its main flap. Really not ideal for freeflying. There's no bridle flap as standard either, but a rigger can easily make one.
Also the Mirage G3 is a cute rig, but the early ones have bridle protection flaps which don't go all the way to the back of the container. They're much less secure, though you can get a rigger to sew down the rear edge.
Personally, I wouldn't buy any rig with a downwards main flap for freeflying.
Just MHO.