murrays

Buyer/Seller Feedback (like eBay)

I just finished a transaction buying a pair of PantZ from a seller in the DZ.com classifieds. He was excellent. I would like to let people know of my experience in a manner that can be reffered to by people looking to buy from this person in the future.

I have also seen a couple of threads warning people about a pair of people who didn't follow through on items they advertised for sale.

The ability to leave feedback on transactions similar to eBay is what I have in mind.

I think it would be a very useful feature for everybody using the classifieds.

Because the transaction doesn't flow through dz.com like it does on eBay, I can see some difficulties but I think a workable system could be put together.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I don't know if this will make any sense, but I'm certain that the frame work that gives dropzone.com its current form factor is identical to a now defunct site called "switchhouse.com" That site had a very useful, easy "rating" system. I only mention that because if HH was considering it, I'd be curious if it was part of the development platform that ultmately gave this site it's "feel"...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Agreed,

I too, just made business with a fellow DZ commer and it was a very positive experience.
Also, on another forum I am a member, there is such a section called buyer/seller feedback where people can post their experience. Many times, in the case of a bad experience, other members were able to assist both parties in solving their issues. It aslo warned members about unscrupulous individuals that used multiple screen names in order to make an easy buck.

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

This is what we use for computer related stuff

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=8462

That is my heatware so you can see how it is set up and all for ideas for you guys..

IF ya want me to make a site like that for the skydiving world, lmk

My friend here owns a ISP (servusa) and has plenty of bandwidth :)
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

Another site I used to go to (reefcentral.com) has a buyer/seller feedback forum. You could always add something like that and people could do a search on someones name and select that forum and come up with good/bad/ugly info. This would probably be a bigger waster of space, tho.

just a thought.

angela