kerb

after the crash!

hi folks,
most of you have propably read my posting on my problems at AFF level 4 and the plane crash.
well i did my first jump today after the crash..well i didn't pass again but i was expecting that..i was more concerned about just getting through the jump and landing safely and getting rd of my fear to crashing!
i like checked my alti like 100 times during freefall!! and after opening the chute i was signing like hell all the way down filled with happyness!
i plan to go to puerto escondido on tuesday and do 6 days of jumping..i think it will help more to do lots of jumps in a small period of time then to do 1 jump every two weeks or so..i think the brain forgets a lot of the info during the break.
thnaks for all your kind comments in my previous post! will keep you posted!
kerb =)

well i did my first jump today after the crash..well i didn't pass again but i was expecting that

That's probably why you didn't pass. A pretty big part of this sport involves being mentally prepared. Now that you've gotten over your fear of crashing try to visualize the entire dive in your head, beginning with the moment you board the plane. Keep going over the dive until you're comfortable with it, and then go over it again. You'd be surprised at how confident and relaxed you'll be when you try level 4 again.

If it's any consolation, I've had a fear of flying for quite a while. I'd get seriously sweaty palms during takeoff and landing. I totally hated it.
Skydiving, among other things, has helped me deal with it. I'd be lying if I said I'm totally comfortable taking off. I'm usually a little ancy until after the pilot throttles back. But it's *much* more manageable.
Two weekends ago, my friends & I were going up on a Caravan that our DZ had borrowed. The think was loud, rattly and just not like the Otter. All of us were going "Get us out of this thing now!".
Kind of weird huh? We skydivers are more comfortable when we jump out than when we take the ride. Try to explain that to a whuffo. ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

kerb,
glad to see that you are back in the air again. That must have been crazy, being in a plane crash! i cant even imagine. I wanted to give you a little advice from my own experiences. After having a horrible AFF level 4 jump i was really down about it. determined to fix it, but still really upset about how it all went. I didnt enjoy the freefall at all (the story of that jump is in the talkback section) Today was my first jump since that one.. I had the same instructor and she was just as determined as i was that i enjoy this one. She actually told me that we werent doing anything (besides COA and heading) until I gave her a huge smile, and was truely enjoying myself. I totally psyched myself up for the jump. even did some hooting and hollaring in the doorway. But it worked so perfectly!
Going into the jump all smiles and ready to TAKE CONTROL really helps . you gotta have the attitude, im going to kick this jumps a*s!
be proud of yourself, you got back on the plane! that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment. Its one step closer to taking a jump by its horns and having an awesome skydive! good luck, keep us posted!
froggie