fcajump

MARD discussion...

I just want to fully understand picture # 2?

So your saying that the container opened, the canopy is in the bag, but the pc bridal is still in the boc pouch but the lines extended fully and then you cutaway?
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Interlock (Eric Fradet): military
DRX (Mirage): sport (secret option for selected customers ;-) )
LES (Basik): sport (used to be?, not any more)
DRD (SWS Rigs): military

DRD from SWS Rigs is avaible to order for sport rig "SWS Fire"

Looks like it uses Collins Lanyard licensed from UPT, correct?

http://www.swsrigs.com/ru/products/fire/features/drd/

English article:

http://www.swsrigs.com/en/products/fire/features/drd/

So your saying that the container opened, the canopy is in the bag, but the pc bridal is still in the boc pouch but the lines extended fully and then you cutaway?
C

In picture #2 the black risers which are attached to the shoulders of the jumper are the reserve risers with the reserve bag above the jumper. The main (in red) risers and most of the main are out of the sketch above the jumper. The main pilot chute is stuck in the pouch.

C

In picture #2 the black risers which are attached to the shoulders of the jumper are the reserve risers with the reserve bag above the jumper. The main (in red) risers and most of the main are out of the sketch above the jumper. The main pilot chute is stuck in the pouch.

THANKS JOHN, ERR., I mean Mr. Sherman :)
So the departing main risers have the ability to, as Bill Booth points out, "outrace" the pilot chute? And enough drag to pull the reserve pin which as I understand it is about 22 Lbs..? And where exactly in the picture #2 is the skyhook sewn into the bridal? No wonder UPT didn't do the horseshoe test?? Can anyone get those guys in CA,???>>>That show where they test things, I forget the name...I want to make a dummy, fill it full of radio servos, make a horseshoe mal, push it out of an 182, and in fact find out if a skyhook rig is more or less of a concern than a regular horseshoe?? And test this in CA. I have a really big back yard, no worries about drop'n something on someone.
C

1) Increasing entanglement on any Type of main horse shoe malfunction
On a MARD equipped rig, the chance having your camera helmet entangled by the reserve travelling on his way is duplicated when you cutaway,

PC still in pouch) is worth looking at to get the picture :

that people should fully understand their gear, how it works and how it may fail, so that they can take responsibility for their own safety. They should not be told a fairy tale of perfection, as if skydiving could be made completely safe by better gear.
Too much safety devices kill the safety !

Speaking of "Fairy Tale":

Isn't picture #2 a lie at worst, or at best ignorance of how this thing actually works?

The skyhook, hook is about 5 feet from the end of the reserve pilot chute. His picture number 2 clearly shows the reserve pc in the middle being pulled upward! But we all know the reserve pc is at the very end of its own bridle, right??? But that is NOT what this picture shows!

But yet to make this fantasy work the author states that the now free main risers can violently pull up the reserve pc? And yet the main is still in the bag?????

If your going to bash the skyhook with this elaborate fantasy and attempt to mislead a gullible public, you have better go back to the drawing board and make up better pictures, or at least fully understand how something works before you bash it.

You have also is this elaborate fantasy have yet to explain how a skyhook rig is less or more of an issue in a hypothetical entanglment?

Speaking yet of the worst possible type of high speed horseshoe...the main pc is stuck and you ignore any attempt at proper procedure to pull it out of its bag? Next we have a main that is disloged via a pin bump??? But the main lines pay out just enough that we have a bag lock?? And we have a main bridle that dosen't move or release either??? But yet we have enough resistance on a pair of cutaway risers to drag the reserve pc???

You had better go back to the bashing drawing board or at least fully how something works before you start drawing incomplete pictures???

Just my 2 cents from LA.
C

Just a little tired so please excuse if I have crossed some line with language, it's 2 am and this is keeping me awake![:/]