EOCS

10 Hours tunnel time, How To?

Hi,

So i plan to be in the US for this summer and would like to crack out 10 hours if possible. This would be alongside skydiving. Ive done 1 hour in Russia so i have an idea of how it works and that brings me to my next questions.

*I would be doing the tunnel time solo, as in i dont have anyone to share the time with. Is it common to mix in with other groups and still be able to fly every day or so?

*I know that when i did my hour we did it all in a day and that was too much, the last 15 min or so were not as useful as i was quite tired. What is the ''optimal'' time per day and/or days per week to fly in a tunnel and get the most out of it?

*Full face helmet. right now ive got open face only and i dont remember that being a problem in the tunnel, however being there every day it really might be more comfortable. although i prefer open face when skydiving. Suggestions?

*Should i be able to get a deal on this amount of time? I would defiantly want coaching for all of it, there is no sense in me flopping around in there solo, at least not yet.....

*I have searched around and know some of the tunnels there. While i will be near San Francisco i would of course be willing to travel within the US for quality training. Where are the best places for this?

* And my final question which i try to always ask from those more experience then myself. Is there anything else i should know or consider?

Thank you

*I would be doing the tunnel time solo, as in i dont have anyone to share the time with. Is it common to mix in with other groups and still be able to fly every day or so?

Ask around or put an ad in the 'tunnel time' bit of DZ.com. If you're solid in, say, sit then offering to pay half tunnel time would be welcome by most.

*I know that when i did my hour we did it all in a day and that was too much, the last 15 min or so were not as useful as i was quite tired. What is the ''optimal'' time per day and/or days per week to fly in a tunnel and get the most out of it?

30 minutes a day is enough for me. I've done 45 a day but that was morning, afternoon and evening.

*Full face helmet. right now ive got open face only and i dont remember that being a problem in the tunnel, however being there every day it really might be more comfortable. although i prefer open face when skydiving. Suggestions?

I find open face okay. I wouldn't spend all that cash on a new lid just for the tunnel.

*Should i be able to get a deal on this amount of time? I would defiantly want coaching for all of it, there is no sense in me flopping around in there solo, at least not yet.....

Definitely. I don't know about US tunnels but Airkix includes coaching with the cost of the tunnel time.

* And my final question which i try to always ask from those more experience then myself. Is there anything else i should know or consider?

Don't be in a mad rush to get onto head down straight away. Get a good FF suit or tunnel suit. They get some hammer.