zclubber1

best DZ near LA for AFF?

I posted this message in rec.skydiving also, but I'm looking for some more input. I just took my first 2 tandem jumps at Bay Area Skydiving in Byron, CA on Sunday and I'm completely hooked. I live in LA and a really want to find a great DZ near here and get started on my AFF as soon as possible. I want a place where I can get great training and meet killer people. A place where I can stick around for awhile. All opinions and suggestions are welcome. I can't wait to get up there again!

I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback from people who know better but a friend of mine recently moved to LA just off student status and started jumping at Perris. He loves it. He came from a big DZ so that may be why he feels at home there but I haven't heard anything negative about it being too big to feel like family from him.
-mob

Andy you will get a lot of input from both Perris and Elsinor. I am biased to Perris because that is where I did my training. I think that Perris has a great mix of Freefly, RW and skysurfers. The people are great and friendly. COem out this weekend for the para-preformance games and the party to see. If you want a ride sunday send me an e-mail.
Chris
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross

I would say Elsinore! I was there in Feb/March and I really enjoyed it. "Unfortunately" ;-) I came to Elsinore with 2 jumpmasters from Germany and everytime when I was in the airplane on the way up I saw jumpmasters with students from Elsinore and they were really very nice. If I would have to do the AFF course again, I would do it in Elsinore!!!
I miss Elsinore!!!!
Blue skies... (in Germany it's raining and raining and raining..) Anna

Go to Perris.
There are two fine schools there; Perris Valley Skydiving School and The Jim Wallace Skydiving School.
Either is excellent, but clearly Jim Wallace, the individual, is one of the most experienced and finest instructors on the planet. Any opportunity to jump with him would be well worth the extra effort involved.
See;
http://www.jimwallace-skydiving.com/
Paul

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And don't forget CReW!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just watch out for the gopher holes!
Shark, are you gonna be out this weekend?

Yup. Prolly get out to 'Snore around 3ish. No jumping, but I will bring my schtuff and some tape for the ankle in the event that I get psyched to jump and/or get bummed that I'm grounded. Sunday is a better choice. BTW, I've already killed all the vermin at 'Snore. No more holes...
L8