ksono

Wind Tunnel competition in Ontario

I hope the Admin doesn't take this down but I'm conducting a survey for an indoor skydive competition.

I am trying to collect some information from skydivers/hobby-est if they are interested for an indoor skydive competition held in Ontario.

How the competition will work; the team can be a max of 5 people per team and they have 15 minutes to show a routine/trick to impress the judges. There will be an entry fee. 1st place wins grand prize, 2nd place wins exclusive, 3rd place complementary.

If there was such a competition, would you be interested to enter?

Please Respond.

-Kitune Sono.
[email protected]

Note to Admin: If this post is against your term of service, is there something I can do to conduct my survey?

is there something I can do to conduct my survey?

Hmm. When I clicked on your thread, I got a pop-up ad window asking me to participate in a survey. That's never happened to me before on this site. Sure makes me wonder whether it's a "coincidence."

I think I'll run a virus scan now.... [:/]

No no Don't follow the pop up! I didn't make any pop ups!
Just reply here, send me a PM or email me.

There is a wind tunnel now in Ontario. Its been open for 2 years.
I have participated in it and Its recently new.
I have videos of me goofing around in it too.

But as asking, Would any of you be interested?
I had a feedback in hosting this tournament. Team will be better if in sets of 4 instead.

Would any of you consider in registering for the event?

I don't think you will find interest in a comp outside of regular flyers at that tunnel. Most skydivers on here would prefer to go to a tunnel that does not need the use of the oversized suits to be able to generate lift.

Look at events like the Gauntlet at Skyventure Arizona and some of the XP tunnel meets to see how most events are ran and what the competition events are. Typically they are oriented around skydiving events like 4 way RW, 4 way Vertical RW or group freeflying.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thank you, That's the proper, not-rude, and educational feed back I needed to know.

I had some mix feed backs which was to be expected but I definitely had a lot of rude and egotistical feed backs.

Like I said, I was throwing some questions and pulling some marketing research to see where interests lies.

So from based on your post, if the suits were readjusted to not "over-sized" would you still consider?

How about the size of the tunnel and it's particular wind generator? (Assuming you have been there?)

Can you put a 4 way team all in the air flow at the same time turning formation points with out them falling out of the air column and with none of them needing to wear baggy jumpsuits?

I'm almost positive you can't do VRW in this tunnel so that eliminates a lot of interest.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

if the suits were readjusted to not "over-sized" would you still consider

It's not the suits, it's the need for the suits. Experienced jumpers will have their own jumpsuits, and that's what they would want to wear in the tunnel. If you look at the guys in the video on the website, you can see that they are average sized guys, but all of them are wearing very baggy suits that you would only see on a much fatter jumper if this was on a DZ, not in a tunnel.

I'm not sure that tunnel can get enough speed to support your average jumper in their own suit. That's why experienced jumpers tend to shy away from that type of open tunnel and more toward the higher-powered, enclosed, Skyventure-type tunnel.

Having more power, the Skyventure tunnels allow jumpers to use their own skydiving jumpsuit, and even get into freeflying as well. Additionally, the enclsoed tunnel allow the jumper to make a 'mistake' and not fall out of the airstream. If a certain manuver slides them into the wall, they can use the wall to arrest the slide, and continue flying. In an open tunnel, that type of situation would have the jumper out of the air stream and on the mat every time.

The open style tunnels are more suited to tourists and non-jumpers. Being next to Niagra Falls, you should have no shortage of those folks. How about a honeymoon special for the newlyweds?