davjohns

First Tunnel Experience at Skyventure Orlando

My daughter and I had a great time. I did a ten minute package and she did four minutes.

I was prepping for my first jump.

Javier was a great instructor. Everyone there was very helpful and friendly. Top notch operation.

Anyone able to tell me how to get the video into a format to post?

Thanks.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

If you're on Windows and have Windows Movie Maker, you could use it to recompress your video into .wmv format - probably use one of the "Video for broadband" settings. Smaller numbers mean smaller files, but crappier quality, too. Experiment. This is a no-brainer way to do it.

If you're looking for something a bit more powerful/flexible, a good place for some simple tips might be the video compression tutorial on skydivingmovies.com. There's a few tips and various software in there that you can look into. It's a website that you can use to host your video for upload, too. YAY!

If you have Mac, iMovie should be able to do something similar, but I've never used iMovie, so I don't really know. From what I understand, though, it runs rings around Movie Maker and most Windows software unless you actually buy a commercial non-linear editor.

And that brings us here...

I'm assuming you're all ready to go and just want to scale and compress your video for smaller filesize suitable for internet upload. If you actually want to edit the video and just cut out the bits you want and put them back together with music and pretty transitions and stuff, you will want to look into a non-linear video editor, too. There's a few apps to check out for this in the photography and video forum FAQ - down near the end...

That's probably more than you wanted to know, but hopefully there's something in there that helps.

I'm glad you had a good time.... the staff there is top notch and some of the best in the world! :)

Windows movie maker is a quikie way to do it. If you have trouble with that, just google "how to rip a DVD" and "how to convert "XXX" format to .mpeg, wmv, etc". Read up on it and maybe that could get you started. You'll see a bunch of programs that'll take care of it for ya.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)