stevo

Sky Venture Hollywood tunnel speeds???

I believe it's 11ft by 9 ft, and the power is expected to be more than sufficient to handle higher airspeeds.

That sounds about right. Maybe 11 by 8 feet.

I was in the chamber during construction, and it's interesting. Single door (to add in efficiency - so tunnel instructor doesn't have to keep bouncing back and forth to bring people in). Oblong/oval shape. All transparent (which is really cool). Up high it expands and gets a little wider, whereas down at the bottom (entrance/exit) it tapers off.

My impression was that you can probably fly two people in there, side to side on their bellies, without an issue. There's no way you're gonna get a 4-way team in there, though - it's wide enough, but not deep enough. I'm also fairly certain that 1 person can do head down or sitflying in the chamber. But I probably wouldn't put more than 1 in there, just because there won't be enough room to really safely maneuver.

As far as speed is concerned, I've been told it can handle higher airspeeds, so sitflying and head down shouldn't be a problem (I mean, come on - the TI's have to be able to do their rad demo, right?). ;)
Signatures are the new black.