fr33flyr

I want to be a tunnel instructor.....

I know a lot of tunnel instructors/coaches read this forum so here is my question. How did you start working at the tunnel? Did you walk in and fill out and application or send in a resume? Did you start off working a front desk position and get promoted up or was it a case of spending a lot of time flying in the tunnel and being offered a position after polishing your skills?

I don't have a lot of tunnel time but I do have approximately 500 skydives with 300 of them being in the last year. I recently started coaching low time jumpers and find these jumps to be some of the most gratifying I have ever done.

How do I get my foot in the door?

Most of us just walk in the door and fill out an application and go from there. Some tunnel instructors have thousands of jumps some have 0. The hardest thing for people to do is give 2 years of there life to a tunnel. Also Perris is hiring tunnel instructors so send your resume to [email protected] Or fax to: 951-940-9686 or come in and fill out an application.

I came into Flyaway Vegas having never gone skydiving before. I flew once and then filled out an application. I certainly can't speak for other tunnels, but getting a job here is a lot easier if you have a good referal from a current employee. It's all about having good communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal. If you're coaching jumpers then you probably have the skills.

Brad Hess
Manager
Flyaway Las Vegas

Do you guys make enough money for a good living. I know good is subjective, but do you have enough money to pay the bills and a little extra to play with? That to me is a good living.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Do you guys make enough money for a good living. I know good is subjective, but do you have enough money to pay the bills and a little extra to play with? That to me is a good living.

Nope, you will need a sugar mama. :P
Fly it like you stole it!