Ron

CO trip

I went to CO and coached some folks in the tunnel there. They had about 9.5 hours.

My thoughts.

1. Denver was beautiful! Went into the Mts and saw some really wonderful things.

2. Derek was as cool in person as he is online. Wish I could have spent more time with him.

3. The group I was with was quite fun and made some great progress.

4. The tunnel is amazing. At 74% power I could not stay down, and the air was smooth. It is the fastest and smoothest civilian tunnel I have been in. The folks were great. The only "gripes" I have is the lack of bathrooms...They had one for each, each with two positions each. Most of the time there was a line. They only have one room for skydivers to hang out. Not a big deal with only my group there, but if more than one team was there people would be just standing around.

5. Coaching in the tunnel is easier than flying the same amount of time. I went from CO and flying a bunch while coaching to training in Orlando the next weekend....I was beat down.

After that trip
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

2. Derek was as cool in person as he is online. Wish I could have spent more time with him.

That is all hooknswoop needs, more DZ.com attention.:P Just kidding... Did you see him do the dive into the tunnel from standing on the bench? He makes it look so smooth and graceful it looks as if the air is actually blowing in the waiting area too...

Sorry I missed you when you were here... I went to the tunnel coaching some guys when you were here and the team room was locked with your stuff in it but no team - so I at least can say I got within 10 feet of your gear.:P