adrenalinejunki

Flying with wuffo's?

Sure the safety restrictions are a little more lax at these local facilities, but you're far less likely to experience an accident

There in lies the only thing that is contentious. I doubt there is any evidence to show either way that the safety record of any Skyventure tunnel or not are different.

Having safety process and procedure is vital for every business - and as far as I can tell there is nothing to show that the tunnels that have been operating for 10 to 15 years more than Orlando have a worse record of safety.

Personally I think that if all tunnels (including those with more experience!) inputted into a central body that would be a good thing for learning and safety....

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Yea, that was a rather harsh statement. Especially since there is no evidence of that :) My apologies.

I think what I was trying to say was that as our sport becomes more mainstream, and the client bases shift from skydivers & rats to tourists that we will increasingly see cases like these. And I think the IBA has preempted it by establishing themselves as that sanctioning body, at least for SV tunnels. Time will tell if the other brands 'accept' the IBA's system, but in business, usually first to market wins....

Now, if I can just get one of those Orlando guys out of the tunnel long enough to check off my progress (shouldn't take that long, ha!) :S

JC

I think that would be a great idea... the problem is that every tunnel is its own type... walls make a huge difference,... not only with the speed of the air but the dangerous situations they can be a backdrop for... and as for Dawn...

Im soooo sorry you were not able to fly with your friend here at Perris... please know though that something about the session made the instructor uncomfortable so he shut it down (whether it was you and your friend or the instructor)... from the sound of it... if wind speeds were variable,... it was because a flyer in the middle of our tunnel gives little room to sitfly around them while staying off the walls or from right in front of the doors... doing so burbles the fans and causes the whole tunnel to slow down.

in any case... please come back some time and fly with us... Id love to change your mind about Perris... we really do know how to have fun,... really ;) Just come ready to fly with a smile on your face!!!
Are we not yet ready to live life for life and not for death?