mdrejhon

I created the Wikipedia Article for "Vertical Wind Tunnel".

Hi,

I have now created a new Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_wind_tunnel

Everyone, please go proofread it for me.
(You can see that I am the author of that article by clicking on the History tab, and you'll see my name listed)

This is a free encyclopedia, and it did not have any information about vertical wind tunnels. Damn shame, so I added one!

Table Of Contents:
- Bodyflight
- Types of Vertical Wind Tunnels
- History
- External Links

I have linked to the Bodyflight Network (two links) as well as Aerodium, Skyventure, and Vertical Wind Tunnel Corporation. (I suspect these are the "big 3" of modern recreational VWT's, with SkyVenture being the main one)

I am wondering if I can get a permission-granted or public domain photo or two of a windtunnel building (i.e. Skyventure Orlando), as well as one or two photos of humans flying in mid-air. Or you can add those to the article yourself if you know how to edit a Wikipedia article.

As a contributor to Wikipedia...

I've added a link to the vertical wind tunnels article to the Wikipedia 2006 Closing Ceremonies article, which is now featured on Monday's "In The News" on the Wikipedia Main page. Hopefully this brings more traffic, since Bodyflight Network is now only two clicks away from the Wikipedia main page for today
:)
Also, I've added disambiguation links in the existing "tunnel rat" article (Vietnam), as well as in Wikipedia's parachuting article.

I have added these Wikipedia search terms to automatically redirct to the Vertical Wind Tunnel article:

vertical wind tunnel
VWT
bodyflight
wind machine
indoor skydiving

...Aerodium, Skyventure, and Vertical Wind Tunnel Corporation. (I suspect these are the "big 3" of modern recreational VWT's, with SkyVenture being the main one)

I guess you forgot Bodyflying AG, Switzerland www.bodyflying.com.
After building/rebuilding 5 tunnels, of which 4 are still operational, I think you can count them to the "big ones"...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

Added bodyflying. ;)

Wikipedia Editing Instructions
(anybody can edit a Wikipedia article):

1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_wind_tunnel

2. Click "edit this page" (works anonymously).

3. Add your extra information.

Errors and vandalism is easy to revert (i.e. someone wrecking someone else's article) by clicking the History tab, clicking an old article, selecting Edit, and saving it. Instant revert to a backup. It automatically keeps backup copies of all edits, so any bad edit can be easily reverted. It's a great community encyclopedia with lots of great reading.

actually... only about 36% of the operational ones are suckers (New Hampshire has been included)

On Topic
Ok.. I've made a few adjustments to the article... thank you so much for including us as a valued resource! It makes me proud:$ not to mention gives me momentum to keep on growing!:)

It needs to conform to Wikipedia's encyclopediac rules and guidelines, so I made some more edits.
I noticed I made some errors too, thanks for correcting them.

Just so you know. (Can you keep it down for a moment... The corrections took me over 30 minutes... I'm trying to jobhunt at the moment... LOL)

Three other people appear to be editing this article at the same time. (Although one person seems to be removing the links that I've added).

I've cotacted a volunteer at Wikipedia to clarify rules for listing links in the VWT article. (I'm not the person who removed any links, by the way.)