FFAddict

Airkix :-)

Just got back from Airkix and it was fantastic, i cant recommend them enough. Im certainly no tunnel expert but i was very impressed with the set up.

The coaching was brilliant, thanks Claire, and every tuesday its free :-)
I have already signed up for next weeks coaching session, i just cant wait to get back in there.

Apparently they are recieving over a thousand calls a day at the moment (please feel free to correct me on that number) which definately explains why i struggled to get through yesterday. I was told to keep trying to get through, but if you cant email them and somebody will sort things out for you. Trust me its worth the little bit of effort to get through

Stephen

Tried to book some time there for while im at home from uni over xmas, but they said there fully booked until feb :(.

Too bad for you,:( but great for them:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hi guys who were booked in for FS coaching last night - sorry but my car skidded off the road in the snow&ice round our way - sparky and me had to leave it over night for the recovery people - it then got torched by some helpful soul at half one am ( according to the police ) - sparky now waiting for a new car.

Apologies we couldnt get to MK last night - hope to see you in next tuesday's[:/] class

Sorry to hear about the car, at least your both ok and awaiting a nice new car from the nice people at the insurance company!

I was a bit disapointed not to see sparky after i enjoyed last week so much but it still turned out really well, i really have improved so much over the last two weeks.

I get to play with my new found skills next week in sunny spain but ill be back as soon as my bank balance recovers

newbie question, so apologies if the answer is obvious...! :$
to the more inexperienced skydiver, how much does the 'power' and 'size' matter?
what size are most tunnels?

i understand if more people are wanting to fly in the tunnel then it would help if it is bigger... but for first timers and inexperienced people getting coaching does size really matter???!!! ;)

Obviously Kate you'd probably get a different answer depending on people's biases etc;):P:D:D

I do try to be objective though... and I would say to a point for an early stage beginner size/power are not so important.

I have flown alot in Orlando for example - and learned alot and had huge amounts of fun in the process... so there is certainly alot of value in ANY tunnel time.

Right now - I am enjoying exploring some more radical stuff with more room to practice... but its not overly important depending on what you want to learn.

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

No it doesn't matter... in the beginning, choosing which tunnel to go to is as simple as picking the one closest to you and budgeting enough flight money for about 30 minutes if not more over a couple of days.

They are all suitable for teaching you how to fly your body... I passed AFF in 4 jumps with only a small amount of tunnel time and having never been in a 'high speed' or 'state of the art' wind tunnel...

later though, after your hooked or when you have a specific GOAL in mind for your time, then you'll choose the tunnel that best suits your needs, big way practice bigger tunnel, freefly practice faster tunnel, general flying any tunnel probably choose closest or cheapest... you'll know later which one you need.. for now.. go fly and have fun!