PurpleBadger

snobs

Throughout the sport there are various types of snobs who won't involve themselves within anything other then a specific brand they think is best Javalin, Pd, etc where the something else is proven to be just as good.

Just wondering how much of a problem this is in regards to SkyVenture -v- other tunnels?

I've only flown in skyventure tunnels simply 'cos they've been the only ones around where i've been (though that's about to change in the UK and I rather like the look of how Bedford is developing)

I live 45 minutes from SkyVenture Orlando so I spend most of my time there, but I love flying every tunnel I can get to. For me it's all about having fun and meeting new people. Every time I've been to a wind tunnel I've had a good time :)
I know people who fly SkyVenture and hate everything else, and I also know people who are extremely anti-SkyVenture - I don't understand either attitude.

I say get out and try them all, just know that they're different and don't expect them to be at all like anything you're used to. Go in with an open mind and have fun! :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Your choices stink. :P:)
Enough gets misconstrued on here, I'll just let you know how it is for me.

I know there are many people that HATE SV. I don't, I LOVE it! It's also 45 min away and not over 5+ hrs. I don't just visit other tunnels in passing. I actively go to other tunnels as well, where's my choice :( ?

I'm a snob about my suit, Ouragan tunnel suits are simply the best for SV tunnels. The suit isn't massive and baggy like the Tony Suits, instead Ouragan makes them out of zp for more lift and less drag. I won't fly anything else in a SV tunnel. You fly your body not the suit, its super nice in the SV environment.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I guess I'm just not seeing a problem .... you wanna fly in skyventure do it, if not don't do it ... what's to worry about?

I had an excellent experience at Perris this spring, good equipment, good people, good training, and will be finishing up AFF in the minimum 7 jumps on the next sunny weekend day, largly I'm sure to my tunnel time there in April.

So I'm way too much of a newbie to be a snob, all I can say is that if there are two tunnels both three hours away, of course I'll go to the skyventure one because it's much more of a known quantity. I'd be surprised if it wouldn't also be an excellent experience like Perris. But if I'm around another one sure I'd fly that too, why not?

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Thus far, I've only been in Skyventure Orlando's tunnel. Love my coach too much to book a training camp elsewhere. However, if I happen to be driving by another wind tunnel and have the time/money, sure...I'd give it a whirl.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.