andreeb77

Skydive Simulation - Data needed

I post this in the instructor’s forum because I think AFF instructors might have the data I am looking for.

I am compiling a little program that simulates a skydive. It’s supposed to calculate acceleration, the resulting velocity and the course of altitude of a jumper. Users of the program can specify exit altitude and body position (belly, sit, stand, headdown, track) and they can deploy their chute in a given altitude from any of the mentioned body positions (it’s rather scary to even simulate a headdown jump with a Cypress fire at 225 m).

Since the acceleration/velocity during a jump is highly dependent on the jumper’s body position and moreover on the change in the air’s density, I need some (Protrack)data of a jump with consistent body position. From this data I would like to extract some parameters such as air resistance etc.

Can anyone of you supply me with a Protrack chart of an AFF jump (level one or two) that went comparably well (i.e. no big changes in body position during most of the jump)? Any other jump where body position was not changed from exit to deployment would qualify as well of course.

Together with the jump data I would need some info on the instructor’s weight including equipment, exit altitude and ground elevation of the DZ.

Another question is if anyone has an idea or real data of realistic (average) speeds in different body positions. My guess so far is: belly: 50 m/s, sit: 70 m/s, track: 42 m/s, headdown: 78 m/s, standup: 72 m/s.

If anyone is interested in the program, I will try to make it publicly available.

Thanks in advance.

Andree