ast4711

Sigma Drouge Handle lost...

just be careful to check and thighten the drouge handle on your sigma drougs!!!

Yesterday I lost the handle 30 jumps after I personally inspected the whole stuff... :-(

Fortunately, someone had an old hand deploy with hackey and I was able to knot it to the drouge handle attachment point. Very, very ugly! But Bill, I bet it will hold at least the lifetime of the drouge :-) You will see an order for some drouge handles soon...

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

The manual says: throw the droque, not the handle

You are right. I considered to just grab the fabric to throw the drouge, but preferred to have some sort of handle...
After a few jumps with my ugly extempore soft leather handle, I absolutely prefer the feeling of the hard handle which comes with the drouge...!

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

This happens fairly often. The plastic handle cracks and leaves our world for whatever world that plastic handle goes to when it burns in by its self.

I've seen a good handful of temporary replacements using PVC, cut off broom handle and the like.

Even when you inspect and the screw is tight, sometimes you can't see the cracked plastic next to the screw and its a problem that will "fix" its self when you throw the drogue.

It would be worthwhile for DZOs to keep a couple of spare handles around, just in case during a busy day. Just another part to the tandem system that's good to have laying around (freebags, handles, drogue, etc).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."