AirPilot

Buffalo or Southern Ontario area Instructor Wanted...

I am looking for an instructor, either in Southern Ontario or Buffalo area that will acknowledge my 40 solo jumps endorsed in my log book, toward a Class A license. Please let me know if your interested in assisting me to obtain my Class A license.

Thanks.....John

Try calling Niagara Skydive Center (905) 701-5867. Hint: Niagara DZO Tim Grech chairs CSPA's Coaching Committee, so he will handle your A application "by the book."

Alternately, try calling Skydive Burnaby (905) 899-1528.

Thirdly, you could visit CSPA's website (www.cspa.ca) and scroll through their list of member DZs.

Super Thanks for your info. I have completed 40 jumps last summer, have not jumped this summer yet, looking for good DZ. I am a USPA member, can I get a USPA license at Niagara Skydive or Burnaby?

Is there a difference in the training requirements between a class A for USPA and CSPA?

Thanks, John

I doubt if you can get a USPA license at either of those Canadian DZs ... however ... you would be better off asking them directly.

Don't ask me the differences between CSPA and USPA A Certificates, because the last time I wrote an exam (USPA D license) was in 1992.

In practice, the differences are minimal.

However, I will strongly encourage you to read USPA's Skydiver Information Manual and CSPA's Parachutist Information Manual (Volumes One and Two) to determine the differences.

Oh!
Wait a minute!
You will have to read a SIM or PIM (both are available on-line) if you hope to pass the written exam!

Thanks for the reply and info.
I have all the USPA and CSPA books.
Considering my location, perhaps I should consider a CSPA in Canada if I can find a Canadian DZ that will recognize USPA insructor endorsements, or unless I can find a USPA instructor in Canada.
Any and all helpful advice is welcome, I need to get this done because I maybe leaving the area soon for school in August.
Thanks, John

John,

We'd love to help you at Frontier Skydivers. We need to understand what you have done with your 40 jumps. The USPA "A" license has two different cards you can fill out, and some instructors may not be familiar with both of them.

While your question of which is easier to get is interesting, I'm not sure it's the right one. At Frontier, we have a standard (USPA) we uphold to make sure we turn out quality students. CSPA licenses also are held to a standard. All of our students are safe skydivers who can go make formations (RW or FF) with their licenses.

We have several USPA AFF instructors available, as well as USPA coaches to help you finish your license. Come see us if you'd like! Ask for me and I'll take your current information, and translate it to the card.

Thanks.

Tim Allen
AFF-I-07
VP Frontier Skydivers
(716)751-6170

Burnaby?

If you want to learn, there is a USPA rated instructor at Burnaby named Scott Borghese - he is without a doubt the very best solo freefall instructor that I have ever seen in action, he is a truly amazing teacher, especially when it comes to his greatest passion - skydiving.
You will be amazed at his ability to teach and he should be able to assist in getting you license I think, call him and ask.

I ya look him up, tell him Mykel says hi…
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

I had around 1,000 jumps when I met Scott, he was not my instructor but I learned a helluva lot from him, he is exceptional.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…