PhreeZone

Less then ideal body positions (tandems)

This is a question to to the TM's out there. Why is it that on certian systems the students tend to have worse body positions then other systems? In my experience (~60 Vector 2 Tandems and video on Strong/Vector2/Sigma) it seems that Strong systems tend to have a tendency to have the students knees way lower then the other systems. I know the head low on the Vector2 is caused by the drogue placement, but I do not understand why the Strong seems from the outside to be more knee low. I do not know if the ones I was along on were old or new harnesses, does that make a difference?

Anyone able to help me understand why this is?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

As a TI on all three of those systems I wouldn't know why they would be more knee low...maybe different instruction? I guess it could appear that the knees are lower on the strong student by how high the head is (the strong system definitely puts you most head high, which would make the student's knees appear lower than normal)...but that is just a guess as I have not noticed my students on Strong jumps to fly knees low more often than those on Vector2 or Sigma jumps.
Hope that helps...
Miami

the instructor also flys knees low on strong! dunno why it is bad for your sport skydiving position though!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix