Andy_Copland

Difficult Tandems

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3353

Thats the link to video i just saw which got me thinking. Does this kinda thing happen frequently and if so is there a standard procedure to follow or do you make a decision right there based on the situation?

Also would a passenger like this be more likely to de-arch and bascailly give you hell??

Personally i think the TI was really good and showed a lot of patience

Andy

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Does this kinda thing happen frequently and if so is there a standard procedure to follow or do you make a decision right there based on the situation?

In my experience (1000+ tandems and 700 or so videos) no, it doesn't happen that often. I've only ever had one person ride the plane down, and probably had to "talk" less than a dozzen to the door. In most A/C if we're in the door, were going as getting out of the way may be less safe. My students are told this durring the gear up.

Also would a passenger like this be more likely to de-arch and bascailly give you hell??

No more than you should expect from anyone else making their first jump.

Personally i think the TI was really good and showed a lot of patience

That's the job.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I wish I could see this video. I've tried a bunch of times to log into that site and never received the "confirmation email". Since I've tried a few times all my email addresses are registered there and I can't use any of them any more. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>:(
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I wish I could see this video. I've tried a bunch of times to log into that site and never received the "confirmation email". Since I've tried a few times all my email addresses are registered there and I can't use any of them any more. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>:(

here, try this:

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=n0nt0

(I made a guess pass thingy, so you can download it without being registered)