captain1976

Para Commander question

You should scan the Owner's Manual & paste it here; there a fair number of folks that would be interested in a copy

You bet your ass there is....!

Jim I for one would like to get a copy of that. There is a online parachute manual site for uploads. And yes I have the line on my sleeves. On my 6th jump I let a guy work on the crown lines and he forgot to reattach the line your talking about, it was on that jump I learned an important lesson about paracommanders and extraction lines on sleeves and why there a good thing.;):D
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I second the recommendation to make sure the crown lines are stowed tightly.

I always thought that was a good idea anyway to prevent "sleeve slump", whereby when the sleeve is stretched out vertically, the canopy could slump down towards the bottom inside the sleeve, wedging itself tightly inside. Those crown lines kept the canopy inside the sleeve stretched out nice and tight too, so that it could slip out easily and orderly.

Stratostar,
My comment about the line used to attach the sleeve to the canopy was more about the length of the line rather then the need for one.
It was (still is) my opinion that a "short" attachment line contributed to hard openings.

In some accuracy meets, I used no sleeve attachment line as it could (just sometimes) entangle with a canopy window.

As for the Para-Commander packing manual...
I actually have two:

1. 9 by 11 1/2 size with green cover - 32 pages.
"Introduction and Packing Instructions for the Pioneer Para-Commander, Mark I.
24, July 1964 - good condition.

2. 6 by 9 size - slick paper - 40 pages.
"Para-Commander Owner's Manual: - copyright 1967
Almost like new.

I am not altruistic enough to acquire a scanner and provide free copies of copyrighted material.
I will sell them at $99.00 each with free shipping to the first person depositing that amount to my PayPal account.
With PayPal, use my email address as the recipient...
[email protected] (remove the XXX)
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon