howardwhite

Piglet

Fastest opening canopy I ever jumped.

I jumped both. I think a Starlite would beat it by a good 50 feet.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Hi Howard,
I wonder if muzzies are forbidden by their beliefs to jump Piglets as they have to do with "Pork!!?"

Never bought into the Piglet thing myself. Even though they packed up small, I couldn't get into paying over $300 for a canopy that came down faster than my $10 dollar 28' C-9 7-TU!!!

Remember walking back from the target at Old Elsinore and Bob Lennon was standing there bent over with his hands on his knees and trying to get his breath back, and his Piglet was colapsed on the ground next to him. I said,"hey Bob, if ya' get pounded so bad by that thing why do ya' still jump it??" Said Bob," Because they pack so small."
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

On display in DeLand this weekend.

HW

Are you there? I was there all day yesterday and met quite a few people I hadn't seen since the mid 70s. If you were, I wish I had run into you so I could put another face with the internet name!

That's an interesting display too as I jumped rigs equivalent to the 60s, 70s and 80s setups they had on display. Seems scary now, but the norm for the times.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I was and am in DeLand, helping with the Museum dinner stuff and even making a few jumps.
Saw lots of people I haven't seen for a long time --Jerry Bird, Pink Floyd,etc. Pretty amazing. If you're there Sunday, go by the PIA/Museum exhibit; I'll be there if I'm not in the air. Or maybe in the Perfect Spot.
Had a couple of nice chats with Joe Kittinger; he's a neat guy.

HW

I was and am in DeLand, helping with the Museum dinner stuff and even making a few jumps.
Saw lots of people I haven't seen for a long time --Jerry Bird, Pink Floyd,etc. Pretty amazing. If you're there Sunday, go by the PIA/Museum exhibit; I'll be there if I'm not in the air. Or maybe in the Perfect Spot.
Had a couple of nice chats with Joe Kittinger; he's a neat guy.

HW

I was just there for Friday. Sorry I missed you, but I did hook up with a few people I hadn't seen in 3 decades. I met Joe also and spoke with him for a few minutes and managed to catch up a bit about his brother whom I had done some computer work for in the mid 80s. Saw Carl Daugherty who I've been threatening to let do my recert AFF jump with, but he was way too busy with the 50 way sequential stuff being one of the plane captains. Carl and I were both on the first ever 16 man diamond jump together in 1974 and on the winning Migratory Bird Refuge 16 and 20 man teams at the 1975 Turkey meet. Glad you got to do the whole weekend!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

First time I jumped a small Piglet I only had about 80 jumps. I pulled the ripcord and it was instant canopy. I look up once I could lift my head and thought I had pilot chute in tow. The canopy was tiny and the lines so short I could allmost reach up to the skirt. Later I got a "Big Man Piglet" and a the R-4 reserve. Life was much better then.

Sparky

Trying a little Piglet CRW.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals