skybill

SCR Scrambles remembered

It's Labor Day Weekend and as a lot of us old farts, those that can still remember, may recall the "SCR Scrambles" at "Old Elsinore." It's 1730 at the Lake now. Still time for a load or two. The bonfire, beer and food are almost ready. Anyone remember "Grouper's Pig Roast!!" Vans circled in the parking lot, "Safety Meetings" everywhere!! Me, Art Tucker, Chris (my ex), and I think Roddy Gegan did a Howard load, were open under canopy and got down to about a grand when off to one side we hear bodies in freefall and hooting and hollerin' as canopies open, it's "The Latins" hummin' it but good!! The beer, the band and don't forget the Night Nude Ground Star!! How much fun can you really have????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

i don't know about LIMO_LOAD.jpg but I know i jumped in Perris with the lady in back row center... but can't for the life of me, remember her name (Laurie keeps coming to mind) ...

but in same pick, kneeling second from right, in white jumpsuit, is Spyder .....(real name, I don't think I ever knew...

Spyder was part of our team SkyScuzz, for Perris 6 way competition back around 81.
We were poor ... so we had Hell-Day practice (3 jumps) in lieu of a Hell Week .

and we had a team 'sketch artist' we were too poor for Video

we averaged 4 pts a round ... unfortunately, we only ever got 1 in time and turned 3 each round, after legal time expired ... we was slow to start and finished like mad men !! B|B|B|B|

if anyone knows anything current about SPyder ... let me know

Hi Bill...going through some old posts...came across this one...I remember the stumbles...have alot of pics...Jerry Kinley and Jay Majia standing several yards apart flying june bugs attached to string...several pics of the manifest board with the team names...one stands out in my mind...uranus and the 7 moons...LOL...pic of me selling the JLS necklaces I made...the flaming toilet paper streak...and of course the nude girls walking the packing table cat walk...Those were fun times..you can take the fun away, but the memories stay!!! B|

Sandy

Hi Bill...going through some old posts...came across this one...I remember the stumbles...have alot of pics...Jerry Kinley and Jay Majia standing several yards apart flying june bugs attached to string...several pics of the manifest board with the team names...one stands out in my mind...uranus and the 7 moons...LOL...pic of me selling the JLS necklaces I made...the flaming toilet paper streak...and of course the nude girls walking the packing table cat walk...Those were fun times..you can take the fun away, but the memories stay!!! B|

Hi Sandy!!,
If ya' got pix, Post Em'!! "The Stumbles," definitely a great time to be had by all!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

It's 19:32 on the Friday before Labor Day. Another year has shot by and the "Stumbles" comes back to haunt what's left of my ruined mind. Any of you other old farts still have enough braincells intact to remember and post a "memory" of the "Stumbles"....
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Recall the 1974 Stumbles like it was yesterday !
Being a (18 yr old non sky diver) friend of "Jeep" Gereghty (R.I.P.)
I went to add face to legend, witness the sport from ground zero. and party like a rock star !!!!!!!

Thank You all for demonstrating your definition of love & life
......... I salute you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!