lodestar

Skydiving on TV

Just cought a bit of skydiving on an episode of The incredible Hulk!

The ground scenes show a big orange and white motor home with "Lynch's Freefall Freaks" on the side.
Jump aircraft was a three bladed Cessna 182-85, red and white, some scenes show retracted gear others fixed. 2291R looks like the N number but is only painted on the tail so it was difficult to see.
Canopies were a white square and a rainbow square but with conventional back/chest rigs on.
The airport seems to have one dirt runway but other scenes show a big grass field with no runways apparent.
In some of the aerial scenes it appears like a small mountain range is adjacent to the airport, being unfamiliar with the country I could not tell you where it might be but If I had to guess it would have been a california DZ. There was what appeared to be a racetrack in the vicinity (from the air) but other than that nothing apparent otherwise.
Okay Howard, here's one for you!!!

Okay Howard, here's one for you!!!

As I watch approximately no television - and fer sure not The Incredible Hunk -:P, I defer to others.
But 2291R is registered to Kevin Donnelly in Lake Elsinore, CA, whose name should be familiar to many people here.
I can call or email him if you're terminally curious about this.:P

HW

Howard,
You are a hoot my man, "terminally curious"....lmao,
Nah, just another item of curiosity for the brain to deal with in idle moments, I figured a california dz since the movie industry is out thataway.
Elsinore or Perris are two that come to mind.
i correct the aircraft to be a 210, i think, those were the 206's with retractable gear if memory serves correct and mine isn't often correct.
If you find yourself bored shitless and no one else comes forward with an answer maybe you could email Kevin and see what he remembers.

It is indeed a 210, and I think I might even have jumped out of it 10 or 15 years ago. It was at a time when Lake Elsinore had flooded the airport and the jump operation moved to a small airport nearby (Murietta, maybe?).
The plane there was a 210 and I jumped with some turbine babies from Perris who had never jumped out of a Cessna and who were kind of scared about getting out "low" (at 10 grand.)
I expect to see Kevin at the old farts reunion in Raeford in May, but maybe I'll ask him before then. It makes sense that it's his plane, since he's been involved in a lot of movies and TV shows.

HW

Just cought a bit of skydiving on an episode of The incredible Hulk!

With bill bixby?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone