RHinshaw

Cave of the Swallows

Hey guys, total newb here, I did a static line jump way, way back.

I'm doing an article on the Sotano de las Goindrinas, specifically Patrick de Gayardon's jump into it from a helicopter in 1989.

If anybody has amazing recall, is a store house of important facts, or has a resource for the technical details of this jump, I would appreciate it.

Has anybody else done a skydive into this cave since then?

Thanks in advance.

R

Send a PM to "basehoundsam".
I'm pretty sure that is the same cave to which he organized a jumping expedition a few years ago. IIRC, the last I heard from him about it, he could no longer get permission to jump it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think (if it's the same cave) B.J. Worth did it before Patrick. And it was also from a helicopter . . .

As I recall he did the cave jump not long after he jumped the Efiel Tower for the Bond movie, A View to a Kill so that makes it around 1985. It was billed as the world's first first subterranean skydive.

But like I said, check, as I'm not sure if it's the same cave.

Most of the jumps made their since have been B.A.S.E. jumps, not skydives.

NickD :)