mmartin1872

Old Old skydiving movie

I can't remember the name of this movie that I used to watch as a kid.. Trying to remember it... I think it was a 70's movie. This guy goes for his first jump course, he's at this dz practicing, gets his chute on, goes out to the plane, they duct tape some part of the wing up.... this airplane was just trashed, if i remember correctly. The guy jumps only to find out he put on a clothes bag, and not a parachute. pulls his reserve at the last second if i remember correctly. What was the name of this movie. I remember the soundtrack used to terrify me as a kid... Especially when the guy was driving down the dirt road in this old car. I wouldn't mind seeing the movie again, just because it would probably be a pretty corny movie to watch.

The one at Skydivingmovies.com called "Proof" is the short indie film that Fandango was based on.

You can rent Fandango.

Here's the DVD box artwork FWIW.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I wouldn't mind seeing the movie again, just because it would probably be a pretty corny movie to watch.

Not all that corny. There's some pretty serious stuff going on throughout the film. If you haven't seet it since you were a kid, you'll know what I mean when you see it again.

Chuck Bush, who played Dorman (the ministry student) has a Fandango webpage with info about filming it, pics, posts from the other actors...

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I'm actually hoping to stumble onto a copy of "proof" for my dad now.. He was telling me last night when i called him, that his copy went missing at the D.Z. one day, and he never saw it again. Anyone know where i could buy a copy? I've looked online for about 1hr now and can't seem to find it... He already has a copy of Fandango, but I think it would make a good present for him, plus then I would be able to see it again.