piper17

A broken DC-3

A broken DC-3...nothing new here but quickly fixed.

Who, When, and Where?

Don't know the answer to any of those, but I sure wish somebody would get Mr Douglas fixed. He's been sitting forlornly for several years at the Tullahoma, TN airport with a blown engine. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't know about this time that it was broken but I was there when Mark landed Mr. D down wind in the rain on the short grass runway (2500 ft) at Sandwich Il around 1985. There was a small tree at the end of the runway that ended up about 3 feet into the nose of the airplane. A new nose cone and some sheet metal work and it was in the air for the next weekend.

A broken DC-3...nothing new here but quickly fixed.

Who, When, and Where?

Bob 'Bobo' Branch and Jack Bergman at one of the Richmond Nationals in the late 70s. It was axiomatic that DC-3s blew a jug whenever there was good weather and lots of people wanting to jump.
Hoop

I remember Dennis Jet(t) as a TwinBo mechanic at Turners Falls, MA for one unhappy season in 1989. (The unhappiness had nothing to do with DJ, but with the owner of the airplane -- but that's another story to be told sometime.)
DJ was prominently featured in a half-hour Boston TV show about a Caribou boogie. In one memorable moment, he says (approximately)..."I don't have a death wish. At 2,500 feet I really want to live."

HW

Exactly right, Hoop. It's Bob Branch (who I saw again at the USPA Open House this past year after a very, very long time) and Jack Bergman. I'm not sure of the year, however....1978, 79, or 80.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling