BIGUN

Muskogee Article - Call for Stories & Pics

Did that "CRW" incident take place during a Nationals in Muskogee?

I remember something very much like that during the Nationals. As I recall in the incident I observed, it took the person doing the canopy transfer a while to get the round reserve inflated as it had a diaper which was not really designed for such a "low speed" application.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

That’s the one; totally my fault also, even the call to do a transfer in lieu of cutaway. I had (have) a bad habit of going too fast, and would start flying a canopy even during inflation, so in my rush I just came in on top of Kat way to fast. Then thinking we were kinda low (I was entangled to the point I couldn’t see) I yelled at Kat to initiate the transfer.

Her reserve was a KXX Pioneer I believe, and you’re spot on about the opening time, may have taken even longer from my point of view. And then when it inflated I think she took her time cutting away just to punish me. I was stretch out facing straight down by then. Anyway, I’m usually not that clumsy, and this was another good trip with another tight spot. I may have a pic or two of the “airwork” somewhere. Someone I didn’t even know mailed me pictures, how embarrassing.