Splat63

Second Generation Jumpers

I am a second generation jumper. I was hanging around Perris and Elsionore back in the early 70's, atteneded many Scrambles and Rumble Seat meets and saw my share of bounces along the way. Started jumping in 1981 at age 17. I've had quite a few layoffs along the way but always end up returning to the sky. Only have about 275 skydives, one of which is a BASE jump. I still love it and thank my father for introducing me to the best sport around! Where are all the other second generation jumpers?
Splat63

Hi Twardo:....some come to it naturally I guess, but I will forever thank my father for getting me into this sport...I could never make so many life long, wonderful friends...and the memories will keep me going for a long time...and the laughter, don't even ask! LMAO
Splat63

Patty-

Nice to revive my thoughts about you.

Dean Schumacher was one of our group to make the legal jump off El Cap in 1980.

A few years ago I was looking at a pretty young thing at Perris (you weren't around or I would have been looking at you) and her boyfriend comes up. Jay Schumacher, Dean's son

He introduces me to her as a friend of his father.

Ouch!!!

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Where are all the third generation jumpers? I am a third generation jumper (Military). First generation skydiver though.;)

I bet that was way cool to be around skydiving back in the 70's. I love seeing old skydiving pics.

Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

I am a second generation jumper. I was hanging around Perris and Elsionore back in the early 70's, atteneded many Scrambles and Rumble Seat meets and saw my share of bounces along the way. Started jumping in 1981 at age 17. I've had quite a few layoffs along the way but always end up returning to the sky. Only have about 275 skydives, one of which is a BASE jump. I still love it and thank my father for introducing me to the best sport around! Where are all the other second generation jumpers?

Are you also known as PattyWontSplat? Get that SCR or SCS yet?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

My dad always wanted to go for airborne training when he was in the Army, but he never got to go. It was his talking about wanting to jump that planted the seed in me and my brother ... so we took dad out and tossed him out the airplane a couple times ... you might call it a generational thing ... in reverse.
Zing Lurks

Hi Roger: Your description of your skydiving history could have very well been mine! I jumped the same places, started jumping in '81 at 17 years of age, I currently have 273 skydives, have had may layoffs along the way, 1 BASE jump off of El Cap and I always end up returning to the sky too. My husband, Norm and I are planning on making a couple jumps in about two weeks. My father also introduced me to the sport and we made several skydives together...now how :D funny is that???

Splat63