BigM

Dallas Demo Fatality...circa 1990s???

Trying to run down some facts about a supposed demo fatality in the Dallas area. Was said to have happened 10-15 years ago. Anybody know anything about an incident similar to this?

Many thanks in advance.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I'm working on that. I have someone who will be a good source of information that I am still trying to track down, but no success yet. Thanks for offering your resource John. I'll let you know if and when I get a little more clear on the time frame. I am really hoping to find someone with first or second hand info on it. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Craig,

Skydivingfatalities.info is resolving to 127.0.0.1 for me (and presumably for airtwardo as well). It seems to be a problem at your end.

> skydivingfatalities.info
Server: ns6.dns.tds.net
Address: 216.165.129.157

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: skydivingfatalities.info
Address: 127.0.0.1

> root
Default Server: A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
Address: 198.41.0.4

> skydivingfatalities.info
Server: A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
Address: 198.41.0.4

Served by:
- TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET
info
- TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET
info
- TLD3.ULTRADNS.ORG
info
- TLD4.ULTRADNS.ORG
info
- TLD5.ULTRADNS.info
info
- TLD6.ULTRADNS.CO.UK
info

> skydivingfatalities.info tld1.ultradns.net
Server: tld1.ultradns.net
Address: 204.74.112.1

Served by:
- ns1.hn.org

skydivingfatalities.info
- aux1.hn.org

skydivingfatalities.info

> skydivingfatalities.info ns1.hn.org
Server: ns1.hn.org
Address: 216.151.80.13

Address: 127.0.0.1

Thanks Brian. I had been using the Dynamic IP address lookup Hammernode (sort of) which has recently "turned down". I've swapped the name-servers over but it will probably take a while to kick in. In the meantime, here are the details:

Date Location Category Age # Jumps AAD?/RSL?
3/9/1996 Brownsville, TX EXC,LOWT 22 200 ?/?

Description: From Houston Chronicle:A parachutist in a weekend air show died after he lost control of his jump and crash-landed just yards away from spectators. [The jumper] died Sunday after suffering severe head trauma in the fall, said Tom Treu, a spokesman at Columbia Valley Regional Medical Center. The accident occurred minutes after Air Fiesta '96 began Saturday at the Brownsville-South Padre Island International Airport. "It sounded horrible, like a cracking noise," said [observer], who was standing just yards from where Cantu landed. A friend of [deceased] who also made the jump said he did not know what went wrong. He said [the deceased] was an experienced parachutist who learned to jump in the U.S. Marine Corps. From Skydiving: He made a sharp toggle input to his Triathlon 190 50ft. off of the ground.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live