upndownshop

Old Timers Reunion website

The site is maybe useful for getting on Kim's list but is out of date -- still announcing the Spring 2005 reunion. Guestbook is full of spam.

For us old farts (I was on USPA BOD with your dad), the reunions are fun (though I was embarassed at the last one I went to because I was the only guy without a jacket and tie.)

HW

For us old farts (I was on USPA BOD with your dad),

Thats great! Was that back in the 80's or dare I say the 70's?:)

the reunions are fun (though I was embarassed at the last one I went to because I was the only guy without a jacket and tie.)

So you were the only one comfortable?B|

Is there a site specifically for the "Old Tmers"
My boogie site is getting overhauled, I was thinking I could put a forum for such a thing. Nothing major....dont want to keep it updated and too busy with the boogie, but if there is a need..

Hope you are well

I was on BOD '74 - '80.
I know of no comprenensive old timers' site. There is the Project PI site by Thom Lyons, which was always full of spelling errors and half-truths; he has lost interest. In any case, it's limited generally to the PI sites at Orange, Lakewood, Elsinore, Hemet and Crawfordsville.

I've recently scanned in a lot of my old transparencies, some from the late 60s, exciting stuff like a C9 and reserve out at the same time. In the Bill Ottley Parachutist tribute spread, one of these pix appears --WHO in the bowl at Orange.

I'd be happy to put a few on your page if you want.

HW

I was on BOD '74 - '80.
I know of no comprenensive old timers' site. There is the Project PI site by Thom Lyons, which was always full of spelling errors and half-truths; he has lost interest. In any case, it's limited generally to the PI sites at Orange, Lakewood, Elsinore, Hemet and Crawfordsville.

I've recently scanned in a lot of my old transparencies, some from the late 60s, exciting stuff like a C9 and reserve out at the same time. In the Bill Ottley Parachutist tribute spread, one of these pix appears --WHO in the bowl at Orange.

I'd be happy to put a few on your page if you want.

HW

That would be incredible. I have not had a chance to scan his photos form the 60's and 70's, you just motivated me!! I will get a section added to the site and will take you up on that. Great Idea.

I have discovered that we are only missing 2 parachutist since it started. The publishing schedule was like annually then bi annually, etc.. until monthly. We are missing two of the early few years. One mag had a ladies name on the address label and I asked mom about it, she laughed and said that was a gf from before her.:o

God I love hearing about the old days!

Have you guys heard of the "Old Farts Reunion" that we do out here in Calif? Their web site is not up right now but will be because we are having one this year. It will probably be in Sept or Oct and we hold it every 2 years.
Jerry Swovlin ramrods it and you can contact him and get on the email list by [email protected]

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Have you guys heard of the "Old Farts Reunion" that we do out here in Calif? Their web site is not up right now but will be because we are having one this year. It will probably be in Sept or Oct and we hold it every 2 years.
Jerry Swovlin ramrods it and you can contact him and get on the email list by [email protected]

No, but I have now! I will check that out.
Is this the same linda that I met at MOAB??
If so, hello this is J, I had the Odyssey demos. If not then hello and thanks for the info.:)

boy o boy GLAD im not an old fart like J:)

watch it now, i still haven't hit 40, hell my 20year HS reuinion is this year! I already have 22 years with USPA. God, maybe I am old:S

My 20 year HS reunion is this summer too. So what's with the 37 years in the sport shown below your avatar? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

boy o boy GLAD im not an old fart like J:)

watch it now, i still haven't hit 40, hell my 20year HS reuinion is this year! I already have 22 years with USPA. God, maybe I am old:S

My 20 year HS reunion is this summer too. So what's with the 37 years in the sport shown below your avatar? :P

Well depending on how you look at it I guess I need to change it to 38 (my age). My parents met skydiving, dad made two more jumps and packed while mom was at the dz starting labor with me. I was her second born so she knew she had time for him to jump again before he took her to the hospital. My father ran the DZ for about 20 years and the kids were packers (.50 $/pack job:S)
I grew up on the DZ, made my first jump in 84.
I did only 10 jumps a year for about 13 years until he passed, then I cutaway and "really" went skydiving and made 950 jumps in two years.So you tell me.... what should it say?? I really dont know?? :S

So what's with the 37 years in the sport shown below your avatar?

J. is one guy that CAN actually say he was in the sport BEFORE he was born!!B|

I guess I could have just said that.:S Hey can I log the jumps she made with me before I was born, I think she said 24 jumps. Someone pointed out to me when I mentioned that my first few jumps (s/l) I went straight into the fetal position, they said, "what do you expect, you made the others like that". Thought that was funny:)
Hey Jim check this out
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1150641#1150641 I posted it before but just came across it again. You are going to SkyFest this year right...atleast stop by.