wayne8577

Piggyback system

Now I remember! Thanks! I had an all red one with the same in it. Was somewhat heavy compaired to todays rigs. I later put a square in it and had my first real malf cutaway because of line twists. Was just a hop&pop cause you couldn't do a terminal with squares then. Sure would like to find a good pig to jump my PC with! You know, for old time sake! Wayne
Here's to Old Farts in the Wind!

I sure will Larry! I'm on a hunt for one now! Please do the same! Fla. man huh? I started jumping in FLL back in 67'.:S Jumped with Popenhager in Indiantown also and in Homestead with Roy Barns and his group. I'll be sure to keep you in mind about the PIGs. Wayne

I've got a Security Crossbow rig with my comp PC and a 24' flat. The Crossbow reserve is set up on three ring risers for jumping as a main.;)

Whenever anybody wants me to help them get ready for a rigger course I make them pack it...... with the 24 flat. If they can do that they can do anything.B|

It hasn't been jumped since about 1985 but I still consider it as airworthy as it ever was.

Sorry not for sale. My first rig.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Terry, Wow, would love to see the setup! Just bought a Pig from Cass out at Skydive United. It came with a Para-Plane (with slider;)) and a 23' conical. I'll replace the reserve with at least a 26'. The PP is said to be in good shape but, I'm going to put my trusty ol' PC in it after I make a slimer sleeve. Any suggestions on the reserve? would love to see pic of the 3ring thing. Going to jump the PIG for ol' time sake! The last time I jumped a PC was in the early 70s. Telling my age I guess! Oh well here's to OLD FARTS IN THE WIND! Wayne

Think you misunderstood. No three rings on the harness. Just took the old crossbow reserve, which I had in an old SST, and put it on three ring risers. I'm to big these days but I let light weights jump it to jump a round. Last year I put a Phantom 28 on risers and jumped it as a main in my regular rig. Into the pea gravel from a spot about 1/2 mile out.B|

I did replace the shot and a half Capewells for Sportlife Wells. Keeps the Capewell slider sewn to a piece of webbing that wraps around the hardware and holds the slider in place. Like R3's but removes another piece of hardware. I also changed the cones on the main container to loops.

Most modern reserves would probably be to small. I'd try Strong 26' midlight and see how that fits.

You going to jump the Paraplane?:P I've got one jump on one. Fast but stand up landing.:)
Have fun.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Terry, Yea I see now what you were talking about. Sounds like fun watching first time round flyers tryingto hit the sawdust. I'll proably jump the PP a few times for grins!:S I'll try the Strong 26'. Well. take care on the Eve. Lots of crazy people out there[:/]. Happy New Year! Wayne