crewdog2

Gypsy Dave

I haven't found a picture of Dave yet, but I am still looking.

I appreciate it Mike.

Do these wings look familiar?

Looks like Gypsy Dave jewelry to me!

How about this stamp on the back of an old skydiving photo?

Russ

It was one of the original 12 he made. It is number with my name on the back.:)Haven't seen one of those stamps in a long time. I thought you were looking for a picture of Dave, not a picture by Dave.:P Do I know you or do you know me?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I think we've met a time or two over the years. Maybe you'll recognize me in the attachment - I'm the guy on the right! Also, thought you might get a kick out of seeing the old Wizard pin.

I jumped with Gypsy Dave, Jimmy Crawford, Bear, Wookie, Doc, Joe Morgan, Bill Hallum, Space, Gary Brown ...all those guys. After a while I was so heavy into CRW that I didn't do to much RW anymore.

And yes, I am looking for a photo of Gypsy Dave.

Russ

I jumped with Gypsy Dave, Jimmy Crawford, Bear, Wookie, Doc, Joe Morgan, Bill Hallum, Space, Gary Brown ...all those guys

Damn, haven't heard some of those names in year. Gypsy is dead, he was in Spike's beach. Jimmy Crawford is dead, got taken out by a drunk driver. Bear just last year hit 5,000 jumps and quit jumping. Don Johnson came out of hiding after 15 or so years and started jumping again last year. Joe Morgan is dead, SIGW. Bill Hallum, heard from him about 2 years ago. Space, no idea. Same with Gary Brown.

Oh, forgot the Wookie. No idea.

Were you around when we built the night 10 stack in 80 or 81?

Sparky

Were you around when we built the night 10 stack in 80 or 81?

Sparky

My log shows a night 10-stack on 3/21/81. I'm #9.
I have pretty good records from those days. Unfortunately, I don't have the names on that dive. I do remember we took that one low.

In May of that year I show a 9-stack with Rande Deluca, Perry Armstrong & Norm Kent. How 'bout that for some names from the past.

Russ

Hi all!

I find my files, that the first night 10-stack was done in Perris Valley, Aug 22, 1980. It was complete in the second jump (the first one was 6-stack).

By the way, when was the first night 8-stack?

Pasi Pirttikoski
CRW history collector

Hi all!

I find my files, that the first night 10-stack was done in Perris Valley, Aug 22, 1980. It was complete in the second jump (the first one was 6-stack).

By the way, when was the first night 8-stack?

Pasi Pirttikoski
CRW history collector

That 10 stack at Perris, Aug. 1980, was the first night 8-stack, I closed 8th. There is a picture of it in the Bombshelter at Perris. Over by the computers. The ground shot lists all the names.

I am not at home so I can't look it up in my log books. If I remember right, Norm Kent took the in flight picture, and there were 2 national rated judges in the air watching. Scott Hamilton and a guy who got killed by a train.

Sparky

In May of that year I show a 9-stack with Rande Deluca, Perry Armstrong & Norm Kent. How 'bout that for some names from the past.

Norm is the only one still alive. Randy died of cancer and Perry was involved in a A/C midair over Corona, CA.[:/]

Sparky

About the first night 8-stack.

Source: Parachutist Dec 1979
"The story of canopy crest" by Tom Courbat

Raul Torres
At Pope Vally he participated in the first 4-stack, the first night 8-stack, and he organized the first all-military 9-stack (over Fort Rucker, AL).

Pasi

Raul Torres
At Pope Vally he participated in the first 4-stack, the first night 8-stack, and he organized the first all-military 9-stack (over Fort Rucker, AL).

Pasi

When did he do a night 8 stack, and who was on it?

Sparky

Hi Dog,
I got photos but don't hold your breath!! I have to go thru a few years of "stuff" to find them. One rainy day I'll dig around and see what I can find. I've moved 3 times since I left CA to NC so a lot of stuff is still boxed up!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Raul Torres

Pasi

When did he do a night 8 stack, and who was on it?

Sparky

No idea, only that small part of text in old Parachutist
-> it looks that your 10-stack was in same time the first 8-stack at night
Pasi

Hi Dog,
I got photos but don't hold your breath!! I have to go thru a few years of "stuff" to find them. One rainy day I'll dig around and see what I can find. I've moved 3 times since I left CA to NC so a lot of stuff is still boxed up!!

Thanks Bill. No shortage of rainy days here. -Russ