lawrocket

Mike Mullins' King Air?

A friend of mine was telling me a story about Mike Mullins putting out a load of hop and pops because the cieling was low. He said as they were walking to the plane Mike looked at the jumpers and called "2 minutes".
------------------------------------------------------------

thats freekin funny:D

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I've heard people mention this plane a lot. But, as a neophyte, I don't know what it is that makes "Mike Mullins' King Air" such a apecial bird.

What is it?

I've jumped it precisely once, at the WFFC, and it was very fast indeed. The only King Air I've ever been in that was as fast or faster was Dave Norcutt's B-200, and we took that puppy to 36K in 18 minutes. It's not available for jumping any more though.

I think he was referring to the B-200.

Indeed I was. Z Hills was the first DZ to run that B-200 while I was working there. It was an amazing aircraft.

My bad, sorry:$

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

I think he was referring to the B-200.

Indeed I was. Z Hills was the first DZ to run that B-200 while I was working there. It was an amazing aircraft.

My bad, sorry:$

Shame, shame, you need a good spanking.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I've heard people mention this plane a lot. But, as a neophyte, I don't know what it is that makes "Mike Mullins' King Air" such a apecial bird.

What is it?

I've jumped it precisely once, at the WFFC, and it was very fast indeed. The only King Air I've ever been in that was as fast or faster was Dave Norcutt's B-200, and we took that puppy to 36K in 18 minutes. It's not available for jumping any more though.

True, the famous T-tail 200 is not available for jumping anymore... the owner sold it off and the buyers returned it to its executive seat layout a few years back... but boy, I do remember the last few jumps out of it, at Tullahoma, TN from 17K at no extra cost from altitude!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A friend of mine was telling me a story about Mike Mullins putting out a load of hop and pops because the cieling was low. He said as they were walking to the plane Mike looked at the jumpers and called "2 minutes".
------------------------------------------------------------

thats freekin funny:D

dropdeded

I've done that... one day he offered hop-n-pops at 2K due to cloud cover. Naturally a bunch of us hardcore jumpers took the chance since we had been grounded most of the day anyway...

I think I remember having to undo the seat belts right after take-off, since exit was just a couple minutes away, LOL... I haven't forgotten the 7 way exit chunk at 2000 feet though... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban