NeoX

Paraclub de Bourbon DZ in Réunion Island

I'm moving to Mauritius next month and I'm considering my skydiving options given that the DZ there is a tandem operation with a 4-seater Cessna 182. The only chance of getting a fun jump is if they only have one tandem going up and then they charge £48 for the pleasure. And it's from 10,000 ft and you need to have a minimum of 500 jumps and C Licence.

Flying to South Africa every weekend is prohibitively expensive (£413 minimum return flight).

So I've discovered a DZ on nearby Réunion island. I can't find much info on it online apart from what's on the website, but they seem to support fun jumpers for much cheaper and go up to 13,000 ft in a Pilatus Porter which is obviously much bigger (and I've jumped out of in Ocaña, Spain).

Does anyone have any knowledge of this DZ and what it's like for sports jumping? I've tried calling but no one is picking up at the moment.
He's doing his Superman thing.

I know people who used to work there, the place is very welcoming for sports jumpers.
Try joining them on their Facebook page.
Also for South africa, maybe go there when they have bigger boogies. Good place to go too. I jumped at Johannesburg Skydiving Club, and Pietermaritzburg for Easter boogie.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

OK, that's brilliant - thanks for the info. I was getting worried I'd have to take up scuba diving or something!

The DZ is not listed here - would be good if someone connected with the DZ adds it.

And yes, I'll probably use my holiday time from work to check out the DZs in South Africa - I've heard good things about them.

I also linked this thread to www.wuza.com which is the main french skydiving forum.
Maybe some people will get back to you here.

Loic Jean-Albert is more or less a native of that DZ :)

Hello,
I skydiver to Reunion Island
Sorry for my english, i french :-)
The DZ open of Wednesday at Sunday morning (Saturday all days)
The price to jumps is ti 25 € without loc (9 €)

I you want information to DZ :
Sylvain Gauthier on MP to Facebook :-)

Cheers
Sylvain

OK, that's great - thank you for the information. I've just added you on Facebook.

So what time do you stop jumping on Sunday? Why not jump all day till sunset?

And what are the 25 € and 9 € prices? Is this with kit hire and without kit hire respectively?

NeoX

So what time do you stop jumping on Sunday? Why not jump all day till sunset?

I am pretty sure that if you buy enough tickets, they will fly you all day long.
It could very well be that according to their experience, they cannot guarantee operations due to the small number of jumpers.
Also in some places, you cannot jump on sundays, or not all day, due to noise restrictions/Church operations etc....

piisfish

***So what time do you stop jumping on Sunday? Why not jump all day till sunset?

It could very well be that according to their experience, they cannot guarantee operations due to the small number of jumpers.
Also in some places, you cannot jump on sundays, or not all day, due to noise restrictions/Church operations etc....

Yep, I figured it would be due to number of jumpers or some legal restrictions. Just want to know what the actual reason is. At least if it's due to number of jumpers, then at least it's something that could change if the DZ gets busier. On the face of it, and judging from their FB page, it seems to be a decent DZ, yet it's not listed on here and there's very little info about it online. Whereas Mauritius is a comparably much smaller operation, but is listed on here and has much more online presence.

some people spend their time jumping while others spend their time on forums :D

Plus they are french, so not super inclined to writing in English or to working more than 35 hours a week :D:D