dakotakid23

Balloon Jump east coast

There's usually a balloon to jump out of at the Fitzgerald (GA) Boogie. Next year's dates are March 19-22. It's worth going to even if you get to jump out of a balloon before then.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am in Winston Salem and I jump at Carolina Skydiving in Jonesville. There are several jumpers there that are also interested in doing a balloon jump. I'm confident that I could get a group to make the trip if y'all get something together. If you want a head count let me know when you're think of doing it, and I'll ask around.

make an effort to get MANY friends together..... as Balloon pilots generally like to have Multiple loads manifested... First load goes, and then follow up loads "get on the road" and chase the "aircraft ". After load one has exited, and the Balloon descends, Load 2 Meets it,,,,, and it relaunches , as it continues to move downwind, across the terrain. ;)
Carry cell phones, arrange for "pick Up vehicles" and friends to retrieve you....consider having pull-up cords with you, so that you can repack, while waiting to be "retrieved" ( easier than lugging your Unpacked gear )
Pay attention to drift and plan the exits soas to allow for sensible landing areas... Watch out for "wires alongside roads " , fences in fields, and YES real LIVE Livestock... which WILL be spooked.... If ya' swoop 'em !! :o
and if you don't SEE them..... it could get even More interesting!!! IF you DO see them..... be sure to watch your step.....:S;) as you walk Out of THEIR field :ph34r:
have fun.

jimmytavino

... and YES real LIVE Livestock... which WILL be spooked.... it could get even More interesting!!! ...

Hmm... maybe also a good idea not to bring the red canopy incase you have to walk across a field with a bull in it. ;)