majormajors

Seoul Skydiving School

Has anyone here had experience jumping at the Seoul Skydiving School? I'm going to Korea in two months and I'd like to get some jumps there if I can. I found a couple of old threads on here about it, but they have limited information and might be way out-of-date.

They have a website, but it's all in Hangul and my Korean is not nearly good enough to find the information I'm looking for.

I mainly need to know...
1.) Are they jumping regularly? I assume mid-June won't be a problem.
2.) Can I jump there with a USPA A license?
3.) How much are jump tickets (in KRW)?
4.) What gear requirements do they have, if any? (AAD, RSL, etc.)

This is the only dropzone I've found any information for. I'm willing to take recommendations for others if they exist.

Thanks!

Ha! Ha!

If you're residing near Seoul in the Northwest, it might be doable. ~$100 annual membership, ~$100 per jump + transportation, food, beer, etc.....

When I lived there, 2002-2011, they only jumped every other weekend on Sunday for about 7 month a year. Short story, no jumps for 10 years. It was a 4 hour drive by car. Couldn't be done with public transportation.

I was hearing rumors before I left of someone importing an aircraft and another rumor of using on old abandon airbase down south. I don't know what came of it.

Run the website through google translate and inquire in English. Since almost every member was trained in California, you'll get a quick answer!

Good luck and remember the best beer is OB Lager or OB Red! Don't drink the (S)Hite. :) Soju rocks! Awesome blackouts :)

Good luck!!

btw in my icon that's me and my son in Korea around 2005

zoobrothertom

Ha! Ha!

If you're residing near Seoul in the Northwest, it might be doable. ~$100 annual membership, ~$100 per jump + transportation, food, beer, etc.....

When I lived there, 2002-2011, they only jumped every other weekend on Sunday for about 7 month a year. Short story, no jumps for 10 years. It was a 4 hour drive by car. Couldn't be done with public transportation.

I was hearing rumors before I left of someone importing an aircraft and another rumor of using on old abandon airbase down south. I don't know what came of it.

Run the website through google translate and inquire in English. Since almost every member was trained in California, you'll get a quick answer!

Good luck and remember the best beer is OB Lager or OB Red! Don't drink the (S)Hite. :) Soju rocks! Awesome blackouts :)

Good luck!!

Thanks. I'm only going for a two-week visit, so an annual membership seems a little pricey. I'll try giving them a call to see what I can find out.

majormajors

***Ha! Ha!

Good luck!!

Thanks. I'm only going for a two-week visit, so an annual membership seems a little pricey. I'll try giving them a call to see what I can find out.

Let me know how that goes.

On the other hand if you BASE jump, you'll have a lot more fun and save money! Korea is the home to thousands of mid-rise apartment buildings in the +200' range. B|

Enjoy the trip. Be sure to spend an evening it Itaewon while in Seoul. Just ask anyone how to get there. It's popular.

Have fun!

...or you could start paragliding. Plenty of schools around there, and at least you get up in the air.

BTW, OB might be allright for Americans, but in Europe OB is a tampon brand. And Hite still tastes better than most american beers.

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

zoobrothertom

Ha! Ha!

Good luck!!

Yeah, we packed up our gear for the 2+ years we lived there. It just wasn't worth the time or money (two skydivers on one income in Korea just wasn't going to work for us). There is a LOT to do in Seoul, though :)

amstalder

***Ha! Ha!

Good luck!!

Yeah, we packed up our gear for the 2+ years we lived there. It just wasn't worth the time or money (two skydivers on one income in Korea just wasn't going to work for us). There is a LOT to do in Seoul, though :)
I'm leaving in two weeks and I've decided not to bother bringing my gear with me. I'm going to check out some bungee jumping, though.

Thanks for all the input!

majormajors

******Ha! Ha!

Good luck!!

I'm leaving in two weeks and I've decided not to bother bringing my gear with me. I'm going to check out some bungee jumping, though.

Thanks for all the input!

Enjoy your trip. It's an amazing city!