Snowflake

laugh at Jessica at your own expense....that was fast

Last year when I first met Jessica she told me about her first reserve ride and how it happened because a brake was unstowed. At the time I had like 40 jumps and had a toggle come undone and it was no big deal.....so I teased her about it I shoulda aughta nota done that. Yesterday first jump O the day. I do a sit it goes fairly well I pull and as my canopy is opening I'm looking at it and thinking I might get some twists then bam it's open and I'm in a left handed spin I grab the right riser no bueno. I'm looking for the brakes cause my first thought is one is unstowed but I can't seem to find them try to reach and get nothing fuck this I'm outta here. I immediatly go to plan B....ya'll know the drill and bam my reserve is out. I land with no probs and find my main low and behold one of my brakes came unstowed. Now upon finding this out I have conflicting feelings. 1 I feel emberrased cause I could of fixed the problem (I think) and I didn't check my alti at any point during the sequence. 2 confidence because when I felt it was time to go to plan B there was no hesitation no thought other then this sucks and it's gotta go. So that was my first cutaway and it cost me I had to replace my cypress batterys too......I will never tease Jessica again.....okay I probably will but I will use discretion from now on......oh yea if it had been a line over there is no way I would have been able to get my hook knife out and cut it I couldn't even find my brakes after I let go of my riser let alone find a single line and cut it before I spin into the ground. I t happewned that fast so there goes that line of thinking for me

rotflmfoapimp

*crying tears of mirth*

*picking self up off floor, still weak from laughter*

*hug* I'm glad you're OK. :D See?! Popped brakes are hard to reach!!

Oh, and that was my second reserve ride. ;)
Skydiving is for cool people only

;) Unstowed breaks are a bummah! Any spinning mal for me is a "I don't think I even WANNA try fixing this" situation, especially if I dumped closeby other jumpers (when all you can see is a brown and blue blur... heheh).

Me gots me new SabreII, woo woo! Roger's hooking it up now. I'll be jumping it this weekend if another damn storm doesn't come try to wipe out New Braunfels and San Marcos. Rain rain go away!

If she told you that she lied, heheh... that was her second reserve ride... she was at 10% reserve rides when she had 20ish jumps... the first one was a hard pull on a hop and pop.. correct me if i am wrong Jessica.

*** i made fun of the toggle cutaway too... but i know it was her call and if i thought I had a mal i would have done the same thing.

Bill

Play hard, Pull high, Pay attention

Bill

have fun, love life, be nice to the humans